Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Guide Select Pro! Okuma's GSP Rod!

Default Guide Select Pro! Okuma's GSP Rod!

Okuma's Best Selling Salmon-Steelhead-Trout "SST" Fishing Rod!

For myself i find the GSP to be my premiere "Whipping" rod for Hawaiian waters! This is a local term applied to a spinning rod that is designed & built to handle inshore species by spin casting lures to bait. The SST Rods also by Okuma are a quality "price point" alternative to the GSP with regular units to Travel Rods as well.

Currently Okuma has 4 types of GSP rod series. For my favorite application, shoreline jigging, i prefer lengths of 9'9". Shorter like 7'9" for inner reef hunting to the 10'6" for distance casting. I was first introduced to these rods by friends up in the PNW along the Columbia River in WA State.

In Hawaii i've caught Trevallies to Bonefish using GSP. On this day i was "under the gun" sweating & feeling feverish. I could only stay for 15min in the sun but it was enough time to land a legal sized Jack Trevally called "Papi'o". The rod i was using was a Medium S-Class 9'9" rated from 3/8-1oz. For me the perfect rod for shoreline jigging 20-30g jigs. Yes, i do like the 7'9" for a general "all purpose" length & i only use the 10'6" for distance (though it lacks accuracy-or maybe it's me).

https://youtu.be/2cZRwHE0aKc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSP-Pic copy.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	54149