Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Scooping Sand Fleas Using a Wok Skimmer Ladle!

Default Scooping Sand Fleas Using a Wok Skimmer Ladle!

The Great Sand Flea Round-Up!

I have sand flea rakes but they're heavy & bulky. They were meant for shifting "blind" in hopes of finding sand fleas/turtles. My system is using the presence of Portuguese-Man-of-War, as unbelievable as it sounds the fleas feed on them. Or i can put used bait in a nylon stocking on a cord & throw it it the receding surf line. Either way it works.

I've seen the hand size shifting cans/cups online for flea hunting. +$30 for a plastic cup that won't last or +$40 for a metal cup. The handles are barely 2in away from the shifter meaning you have to dip yourself extremely low. I find my system is easier to implement, cheaper to buy into & no excessive equipment to lug around. Where i purchased my unit it was only $6.99 retail at a local asian retail store. In Hawaii yet! I'm sure if it was purchased Stateside it'll be cheaper as no overseas shipping charges.

https://youtu.be/lp-PJGtfeCg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Fleas2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	54131