Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Sand Flea Hand Rake For Under $7? That's INSANE!

Default Sand Flea Hand Rake For Under $7? That's INSANE!

I Used a SS Wok Ladle For A Hand Scooper For Sand Fleas!

This might be the very first time this was been tried. Guess what? It worked! I could've used my bulky large aluminum sand flea rakes. But i wanted to walk the shorelines jigging along the way. Effortlessly. Or i could purchase a sand shifter for sand fleas online. But the thought of spending +$30 for a plastic or +$40 for a small tinny cup made me "wince". Ouch! Not including shipping. And the materials wouldn't last long as well.

Since i've always thought around the box my whole life i've envisioned using a SS cross wired design scooper that was light, strong & durable. Being asian myself it literally dawned on me. Those SS ladle scoopers used by chinese kitchens for Wok style cooking. Lucky for me i reside in a State that has a high asian population. The first place i went to had them. Don Quijote in Waipahu (used to be Daiei Holiday Mart).

I've used this all weekend. Nothing got bent or damaged. And I've must've pulled in almost 90 keepers and gave away a few dozen as well. A few anglers were watching me & taking videos of what i was doing. I gave away enough live sand fleas/crabs to make everyone very happy. On my way back up the beach one of those anglers flagged me down because he wanted to take a pic with me & his 8/9lb O'io Bonefish he caught on the fresh Sand Fleas i gave him.

This is what i do. Educate. Think outside the box. Share knowledge. I've done this my whole life. I'm glad this worked out so well.

https://youtu.be/qxDZV0VltbY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Pic.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	54116