Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: The Gomexus Challenge of The Blue Azores 4K Power Knob!

Default The Gomexus Challenge of The Blue Azores 4K Power Knob!

Have a Blue Azores 4K? Need a Gomexus Power Knob? Used a 38mm Daiwa Saltist Knob!

One of my earliest Okuma reels was the Azores from Sports Authority before they went out of business. This was during a time when Okuma was still trying to establish itself as an upcoming major player . This reel has stood out in the test of time. The white original was meant for fresh water but it did well in salt with a max drag of 40lbs. Then they changed their numbering system & Okuma developed their new Blue Azores. Same internals as the original just beefier thicker gearing for salt water usage.

Today i'm still using Okuma. I love the fact that they don't over-charge their customers & in return you'll receive affordable yet dependable equipment. Recently i've been helping Vernon over at Gomexus. He wanted to know what equipment they sell would fit Okuma spinning reels. I tried to turn this project over to the Director of Product Development but he said i could carry this one. So for months i've studied what Gomexus has & actually helped them figure out that some parts made for other companies did work on Okuma gear.

This has helped both companies out as i own most of their current spinning reels to verify my findings. I even found that the Ceymar HD won't accept normal Ceymar parts so that had to be revised by Gomexus. Across the World the Blue Azores is still in popular usage so Vernon asked me to help figure out which current stock parts could work with Azores. This is the preferred route as re-milling new items would raise the MSRP. I've found using the Daiwa 47mm Knobs worked on Azores 6K and larger. As of today i verified the 38mm Daiwa Saltist Knobs alone (with no shaft) are compatible with the Blue Azores 4K! Had to play around with the fittings was all.

https://youtu.be/zKCpp3BhP2U
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23-Pic.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	54112