Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Saturday 5/6

Default Saturday 5/6

Kids wanted to go fishing, so we originally planned to go to Lake Gregory, but with it getting cold, didn't think the young one would do well in that temperature. We called an audible and decided to head to Santa Ana River Lakes since it's closer. I woke the kids up at 530 and headed to the lake and go there a little bit past 6am. My cousin was already there and had a spot set up for us so when we got there, we were able to set up and start fishing. Weather was a lot warmer than expected and we had our first fish on in under an hour. From that point, there would be flurries as the school would swim past us. Fish were all clones of each other except we got one tiny one that resembled a dfg stocker trout. My cousin was fishing at a different spot and came by and said he saw some trout cruising the shoreline so I grabbed my minijig rod and went over but saw they were bass. Went back, retied on a small jerk bait and was able to hook 1 of the bass. Nice 14incher. We ended the day with double limits of trout and a couple bass caught and released. The one thing was that there was no rhyme or reason to what they bit. The only thing was they wanted a short leader at about 12inches. We caught fish on Powerbait, power worms, power eggs. The only bait we had repeat bites on was the Garlic Flourescent Yellow power egg. Two power eggs to a size 10 mosquito hook probably hooked 6 fish. All other fish bit a different color power bait or power mouse.

Sounds like a fun time! Thanks for the report.