Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: It was a GOOD FRIDAY at the Lake!

Default It was a GOOD FRIDAY at the Lake!

When Irvine went MIA a few weeks ago, we just did our fishing at Lake Wohlford with excellent results on the trout! 3 out of 4 of our trips, it was wide open and stupid on the trout. Plus 3 out of 4 trips we got a trout over 7 pounds. In the latest Lake Wohlford report, we got honorable mention on a 7 1/2 pound trout. (All of this was in dirty stained water!) By conventual wisdom, we should not have done very well in dirty water. Well I concluded it was several factors all coming together that made for outstanding trout fishing. I won't bore you with all my theory's, but give 2 hints if someone wants to kill on the trout fishing in the next couple of weeks. First of all, their on one bait in particular, dipped in Garlic. It's the natural Garlic Powerbait that is a Funky green color. (not the chartreuse green) The other is location, all the fish are around the buoys to the reeds in the East end of the lake. If someone wanted to impress your friends, "now is a good time to go!" Please drift your boat if you go and none of that anchor crap! The wind is always good in the afternoon, so you don't have to get there early.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-09-2023 at 06:57 PM.