Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Celilo Specialty Rod! Why I Chose This Model & In Depth Break Down!

Default Celilo Specialty Rod! Why I Chose This Model & In Depth Break Down!

My Recently Departed WA Buddy Used a "C" Class Rod Like This For Both His Penn Spinning & Lews Baitcasting Reels!

This particular model was discontinued awhile back but every now & then a used model would pop-up on eBay. But i found a NEW model that was being sold on eBay by seller farmandhomewholesale for $47.84 with $15 shipping only to Hawaii. Took only 2 days to reach me! The length & ratings are extremely close to a recently departed buddy of mine was using in Washington State for Steelheads.

When i'd drop by for a visit he'd take me float fishing to tossing jigs & he'd ALWAYS blow me away with a "C" rod with these exact ratings but using a spinner. One day he'd use a spinner on it, next day a baitcaster. So i purchased a top "float" rod at 10'7" but i was still getting blown away. Worse he kept changing reels to rub it in. Recently i learned he had passed from a mutual friend & that sadden me.

To honor his memory i purchased this rod on eBay to closely match what he used. There must be some logic to his technique as one of his fishing buddies fishes the same way. At first i thought it was to save money buying rods. But i remember Dan explaining how thinner diameter rods could go both ways, "C" or "S". So i'll try it out with my baitcasters to get a feel for it before trying casting "his way".

Remember i'm trying this for myself, & i'm suppose to be "the expert". So why would anyone try to use a spinner on a "C" class rod? Just an experiment as it's my loss if it breaks. Not even Okuma's because it was my personal purchase for myself. I'm trying this in memorandum of my friend. Everyone, and i mean everyone continue to use baitcasters on "C" class rods & "S" class on spinners.
    (I'm dedicating this video to my WA Fishing buddy Dan Robinson).

https://youtu.be/xKhzpb3n3JQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Celio.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	54072