Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shimano Stradic CI4's Are Now Vanford! STRONG REELS!

Default Shimano Stradic CI4's Are Now Vanford! STRONG REELS!

Some Of My Favorite CI4 Action Shots! Now The CI4 Are Vanfords!

After i nearly died from diving years ago i got back into fishing. I didn't need or want fish for the table i just wanted the thrill of fighting fish using small but reliable gear. I started this roughly 10yr ago (same time as i roughly got back into bowling). Since then i needed a new hobby and since i started out as a teacher i took up "light" fishing again. I didn't want to get back into Ulua (GT) fishing because it took me 2yr just to bag over 20 GT's when i was younger. To me that was a waste of my time when i could fish using lighter gear to get multiple strikes & really enjoy myself.

Of all the reels i started using i was partial to the Stradic CI4's. These are extremely lightweight & reliable spinning reels by Shimano. So i started going back to Charley's Fishing Supply & the location had changed & the owners son took over the business. I was sad to see Fuji's Fishing Supply was no more. I was still actively trolling but this was my start back into shoreline fishing. To me this required more patience & expertise.

So in this video i'm just showing just some of the great fun times i had starting back into this sport. Whipping, which is spin casting was my choice of shoreline fun. Then i set lines out while whipping. Now i'm actively jigging off the shorelines and staying mobile. I've found there's so many companies out there producing top equipment. When i was in Florida it was Penn. Here in Hawaii it's Shimano. No wrong choices, just try a few from different companies to get a "feel" of what's available.

https://youtu.be/DJcpS7lcajM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Shimano Stradic CI4's Are Now Vanguards! .jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	54070