Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What's a Hybrid G-Series Rod & Accord 40S Reel? 1st Ever USA Review!

Default What's a Hybrid G-Series Rod & Accord 40S Reel? 1st Ever USA Review!

Mustad's 1st RodWork Rods Are Coming Along With Olympus srl Reels!

I'm only barely grazing over just some of the 18 types of rods that Mustad will be introducing in 2023 to the World. Also i'll be highlighting some of Italy's reels from Olympus srl. Just so happens i'm receiving both at the same time so it just makes sense to combine the 2 products. Currently i'm spooling my own line by Soft Steel USA.

This new Hybrid G-Series is quite unique, never seen this type of application in any rod line. The main piece is the longest & the tip section is very short (around 4ft). Watch the beginning of the video, see the rubber strip lodged between the pieces? That's where that section collapses & you can shorten that piece! Like a telescopic rod only this is a 2-piecer and the shorter tip section is solid. It's like traveling with a 8ft 2-section rod that's 4ft in length instead of a 2-section 9'9" rod with a length of 58-1/2in!
    Thus the name "Hybrid".

Item: G-Series Hybrid Rod
    Model: MR002-GHS-M-99
    Sections: 2
    Style: Spinning
    Power: M (Medium)
    Action: Fast
    Lure Weight: 3/8 - 1oz
    Length: 9' 9". (Traveling Length Roughly 4ft)
    Line Class: 8.8 - 17.6lbs
    Line Class PE: Max0.6
    Weight: 6.5oz

The Accord Spinning Reel is around a 4K size & feel light. Average line capacity to max drag rating (that could've been higher) but i understand they're keeping the MSRP down by offering a lighter usage unit. Works for me as i'm only casting the shoreline using a Med rated spinning rod. I spooled a tremendous amount of 10lb Eminent Braid on it. This type of rig is great for shoreline Jacks to Bonefish during the day & Reds to Scads at night. Light to medium targeted game usage the way i set it up for grubbing to light jigs under 30g & small lures.

Olympus X6X Accord 40S (Largest of 2 Models)
    Model- Accord 40S
    Ball Bearings- 10 + 1
    Gear Ratio- 5.2:1
    Weight- 281g/9.9oz
    Max Drag- 6kg/13.2lb
    Mono Capacity- 0.205/280yd, 0.235/190yd, 0.285/125yd

https://youtu.be/uAkZGvvmGBo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-What's a Hybrid G-Series.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	54064