Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Will Fishbites Work in Hawaii? Did It?

Default Will Fishbites Work in Hawaii? Did It?

Only Had Time For 2hr on The Backside of The Highest Tide Today!

Most days i'm either tossing jigs or grubs off the shorelines in Hawaii. After 3-5hrs my arms feel like falling off. So i was thinking of baitcasting using my jigging rigs. But carrying extra gear like a cooler to keep my baits fresh would be a royal pain. I needed a bait that is compact & doesn't require refrigeration once exposed to air.

So i contacted Brett & Courtney at Fishbites. They market artificial baits that work on Pompano (like our Papi'o Jacks in Hawaii). They were kind enough to send me a package full of their products to try in Hawaii. So today was the 2nd day in weeks that i went out. Terrible weather has kept me indoors all month.

But when i got to my spot i saw large Cudas to pairs of large Bonefish calmly hugging the shoreline. Oh, oh. No aggressive reactions to my presence. This smelled bad. So i checked my iPhone App & it was the backside of a very high tide. For this side of the island in this one spot that meant nothing was feeding. Actually the beginning of this spike would've been better.

But i still put my Fishbites out. Crabs were chewing the "gummy" material off the gauze that holds it together. So i took the crabs and made a paste out of them w/my donut and that attracted large bonefish to my location. But still i couldn't get the Bones to feed. Wasn't the right time yet for them. The next time i plan to use the Fishbites it will be at the optimum tides. Since the crabs were chewing them up that told me the scented chewy formula works. Next trip:)

https://youtu.be/OWd5bi_4YOg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover- Will Fishbites Work.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	54063