Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: salton sea

Default salton sea

went to a wake monday

watched some old homemade 16mm films that were taken of a group of us that would head out there to go waterski and fish

forgot what a great place it used to be for corvina and days were you could catch 50 fish in a day that were all 10lb plus

sad what it turned into
    for decades there was talk of restoration
    could have been a great thing instead of a toxic dust hole with barely any tilapia left
    Last edited by capoisok; 04-20-2023 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    went to a wake monday

watched some old homemade 16mm films that were taken of a group of us that would head out there to go waterski and fish

forgot what a great place it used to be for corvina and days were you could catch 50 fish in a day that were all 10lb plus

sad what it turned into
    for decades there was talk of restoration
    could have been a great thing instead of a toxic dust hole with barely any tilapia left
    There is still a lot of talk about restoring the Salton Sea, but by now, it's in the category of "I will believe it when I see it" for me.

I think I heard about that law. It's a good step, but it is very vague. It spends more time talking about levying fees on people who extract lithium than about restoring the Salton Sea. An actual restoration project needs to be a large public works project with a specific plan. It seems to me that people who look into doing something, are having difficulty agreeing upon a plan.

was so long ago seems like a acid flashback but the beat goes on

S.1716 - Sonny Bono Memorial Salton Sea Restoration Act
    105th Congress (1997-1998)

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    was so long ago seems like a acid flashback but the beat goes on

S.1716 - Sonny Bono Memorial Salton Sea Restoration Act
    105th Congress (1997-1998)
    Exactly. That was 25 years ago, and how has that project gone? I don't think it amounted to anything.

funding was never passed
    so nothing happened
    his widow took over his district when he crashed into a tree on the slopes
    and promised that she would see it passed

the beat goes on

I remember when Sonny Bono crashed into a tree and his widow took over. Why do so many people think that being a spouse or child of a politician, or for that matter a celebrity like Sonny Bono, qualifies them to be a politician? I have never felt that way.

cher would have toed the line and got the job done

mary was a sc brain surgeon grad and socal socialite

not up for the task