Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Casting Frozen Crab For 2 Large O'io Bonefish Strikes!

Default Casting Frozen Crab For 2 Large O'io Bonefish Strikes!

Brought in a 22-incher But Lost Another Powerful Bonefish!

I had some frozen mangrove crabs from the other day shore casting so i used them up today. I've found it doesn't matter if the crabs are live or frozen to Bonefish. If there's free food it's not going to waste! The first landed Bonefish put up a pretty good fight. My measuring tape was already stretched out and it was slightly over 22in.

At the end of the day i was bringing in my first rig (10' H Nesika Rod w/a Blue Azores4K) when my SST 10'6" grey Carbon Rod took off! I had a Helios40 on it, my smoothest spinner! Both are Okuma products. It was spooled with 15lb Eminent braid by Soft Steel.

I had to cover that 60ft distance fast! I had set the hook but the Bonefish spit the hook anyway. I could tell this one was way bigger than the first one at 22in. But it was no big thing as i intended to release all my fish that i catch. I knew it was going to be a Bonefish kinda day as i saw at least 5 tails cutting the surface even before i casted my first line out.

Huge Mullets were jumping all over. Right now Mullet season is closed until the end of March. I tried jigging but the Jacks aren't around as usual. Did see 2 sharks cutting the surface. In Hawaii Sharks are now protected. So are Stingrays.
    (The hooks used were Mustad Ringed O'shaughnessy).

https://youtu.be/lcCjnZE7IBw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-Pic.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	54027