Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Why You DON'T Fish During a Tropical Storm!

Default Why You DON'T Fish During a Tropical Storm!

The State Warnings Were Issued After I Got Back To My Car!?

This started out as a normal dark morning. Was going to meet friends at Zippy's Restaurant on that side of the Island at lunchtime. After i caught a few live crabs for bait i noticed it was getting darker. Much darker. Within 30min the winds started to howl & a thunder & lightning storm appeared almost out of nowhere. Since i didn't get any info on approaching bad weather i decided to stay & let it pass.

It was cold & wet. This system stuck around & was getting stronger. At one point the thunder was deafening only 1-2 seconds after the lightning flashes. Not good. Than i realized the dry land around me had disappeared and i was standing in 6-8in of rain water that was in connection to the ocean. Not good. Lightning all around me & i'm standing in water holding carbon rods?!

By the time i made it back to my car i received a bad weather update. Hey, State of Hawaii. D'oh. Where was that earlier? When i left the shorelines were bleeding dirt into the salt water. When i got home the rain somehow got into my back-up camera & now it's not charging. Also i had a rip in my backpack on the top that i wasn't aware of. Everything in my pack was submerged. I lost some gear & charger packs.

But i got home. Safely. Things could've been worse considering i was by myself in very bad weather. Next time i won't ignore the signs (or the State's early warning system) & just leave. Took time to get back due to the dark rainy conditions & hydrofoiling the low spots & turns on the highway. Power was out in some areas & so were the traffic lights. But at least we still had power.

Looks like i lost another video unit. Extensive water damage. My pack & some of the contents are ruined. Wallet & some papers as well. Threw my power packs away, don't want to even try them out. So the saying is true, "When It Rains It Pours".

PROVERB-
    "misfortunes or difficult situations tend to follow each other in rapid succession or to arrive all at the same time".

https://youtu.be/5NicnpM9Ca8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-Pic.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	54030