Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Good, Bad and the Ugly update for Jan 27, 2023

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Good, Bad and the Ugly update for Jan 27, 2023

Let's start with the Bad.

The trout bite didn't seem to get any better! Yet a friend of mine was getting some positive reports. I didn't see crap caught, so I don't know!

The Good.

The catfish bite was outstanding for people fishing with the right bait and the right location. The guy right next to me caught a 22 pounder and a 15 pounder and lost a huge one! The specialty group down the bank landed a 40 pounder and a 54 pounder!

The Ugly.

That's me! After hooking 6 nice catfish last week and landing 3 on my favorite bait. They wouldn't touch my bait at all! A few sniffs here and there and that was it. At least I know what the good bait is and I'll see if I can get some! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let's start with the Bad.

The trout bite didn't seem to get any better! Yet a friend of mine was getting some positive reports. I didn't see crap caught, so I don't know!

The Good.

The catfish bite was outstanding for people fishing with the right bait and the right location. The guy right next to me caught a 22 pounder and a 15 pounder and lost a huge one! The specialty group down the bank landed a 40 pounder and a 54 pounder!

The Ugly.

That's me! After hooking 6 nice catfish last week and landing 3 on my favorite bait. They wouldn't touch my bait at all! A few sniffs here and there and that was it. At least I know what the good bait is and I'll see if I can get some! Lol
    Always good intel, Etucker! Thanks for sharing. I skipped the lake this week because of the conditions but the report I have from some friends who fished there Saturday told me that the trout action has picked up and the water clarity has improved. I was wondering where did you were fish on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Limit Time View Post
    Always good intel, Etucker! Thanks for sharing. I skipped the lake this week because of the conditions but the report I have from some friends who fished there Saturday told me that the trout action has picked up and the water clarity has improved. I was wondering where did you were fish on Friday?
    Irvine!

My tale is a sad tale. So sad, I had to try to redeem myself Sunday. So I froze my butt off, but i did manage a 10 pound catfish and redeemed a tiny bit of my Manhood! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Irvine!

My tale is a sad tale. So sad, I had to try to redeem myself Sunday. So I froze my butt off, but i did manage a 10 pound catfish and redeemed a tiny bit of my Manhood! Lol
    Yeah, I knew you were fishing Irvine, but what spot at Irvine? Were you on the East side targeting your catfish or Midway on the West Shore. My friends were fishing the West Shore and caught a few trout there. Congrats on the 10 lb catfish and avoiding the skunk!

Quote Originally Posted by Limit Time View Post
    Yeah, I knew you were fishing Irvine, but what spot at Irvine? Were you on the East side targeting your catfish or Midway on the West Shore. My friends were fishing the West Shore and caught a few trout there. Congrats on the 10 lb catfish and avoiding the skunk!
    West shore.

The problem I ran into, wasn't lack of fish. The other wise guy's were using a different bait then me and their went the neighborhood.

I was there the weekend before. It's crazy how high the water has come up, but man was that water dirty. Honestly, it seems the west shoreline has changed so much. Considering how high the water line is, water gets much deeper than it was before. Not sure if that's affecting the trout, but honestly was looking to try out the east shoreline instead where the old trout island is.