Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Will Gomexus Handle Knob Fit My Ceymar? Also Take Part of Our Survey!

Default Will Gomexus Handle Knob Fit My Ceymar? Also Take Part of Our Survey!

Wow! Talk About An Attractive Sexy Pairing of Aluminum & Colors!

Vernon of Gomexus sent me a small box of knobs & handles to try out on my Okuma Reels. I must say i'm impressed! No drilling needed to install the knob & handle combo for my Okuma Ceymar40 Spinning Reel. And the look is impressive! Now it'll be hard for me to put the original knob w/handle back on. I like how it looks now. I know looks aren't everything, but jeez!

Also Gomexus wants to add a accessory handle knob for the Okuma Cold Water Series & asked my opinion. The developer John Bretza feels that the cold temperatures up in the NW where this reel was developed for like the Columbia River or The Great Lakes would create conditions that will render a T-Bar styled power handle accessory handle useless in bringing in Salmon to Trout. I tend to agree after thinking it over. I fished for Coho Salmon off Ilwaco, WA in cold waters & were all covered up from the cold. Salmon has very weak mouths. Salmon anglers DON'T set the hook by yanking on the hook-set as that'll rip the hook from or through the Salmon's mouth. So having an accessory that'll apply more pressure to the hook inside the salmon's mouth may not be fruitful. Now this reel is used for other species from Trout to Walleye where having a powerful T-Bar styled handle would be a plus.

But i reside in Hawaii & i use 3 of these Cold Water Reels for trolling the inshore areas for Jacks to Wahoo & Mahi. For me knowing the bubble distortion area to hide my inside swivels is important in presenting my inside lures to finicky predators. Since most of these reels have line counters they're perfect for trolling. I run 2 large reels w/counters for the inside lines & the largest w/no counter for the outside. I'd L O V E to have enlarged T-Bar handles on all 3 reels. Depends on the techniques used & location. So under the comment below please leave a quick message if you want Gomexus to develop a power handle for your Cold water Reel.

https://youtu.be/Y2F_odlG73w
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gomexus Plug & Play Handle!.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	54016