Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Irvine lake trout season is over before it ever got started! (2023)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Irvine lake trout season is over before it ever got started! (2023)

We've all seen as children the Halloween special "the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." That's where Linus foregone trick and treating to instead wait for the Great Pumpkin to visiting his pumpkin patch. (he then would reward all the children who believed in him with great gifts!) Of course the Great Pumpkin never came and he and Sally missed out on trick and treating that year! I bring this story up, because that's what my Irvine lake fishing buddy's keep telling me about Irvine lake trout fishing. (their Linus and I'm Sally) If you just believe enough, it will happen they keep telling me! I remember the first 2 years of trout fishing since they reopened it. (those fish bit every time they were stocked) Then last year, they went from buying their trout from Wright's hatchery to Black Rock Canyon hatchery. Those trout didn't bite worth a crap for me last year and with the exception of the first plant, first day this year, they still haven't bit yet! In my opinion, their not going to bite at all this year. Besides them being crappy trout, the lake rose another 100 horizontal feet this week! The whole West shore is nothing but snag city right now! (hardly any spots left even to fish their now) So basically their trout season is over for the year! Even though their going to stock it 5 more times with trout.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-23-2023 at 06:01 AM.