Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electroshocking Local Parks

Default Electroshocking Local Parks

So, about 9 months ago, my local pond was electro shocked.

But, the boat was not DFG. The park manager asked for permits and after some dialogue that I wasn't privy to, let them launch.

They took quite a few fish, including what i estimate 30 to 40 largemouth bass, mainly 12" fish, but got quite a few 'larger' models that this pond has very few of.

I called DFG and never got a response, but I'm assuming that any lake that gets electro shocked, either by DFG or a private party, there has to be a permit filed?

Is there any other method to reach DFG to find out who the entity was that took the fish? They were never released and were taken to their vehicles in big coolers and they drove off.

I fished the lake for a few more hours and they never came back. I know a lot of the locals and they never saw anybody come back to release any fish.

Just so you know I'm not bull&hitting:

A few weeks later, the local bass anglers mentioned how slow the bite had gotten. The lake has never recovered since. Kudos to that electroshock crew.

So, if I find out that there was no permit filed, and DFG doesn't have any idea on who these people were, does that mean we can bucket stock from other lakes, since it looks like the Wild Wild West here now and anything goes? When I asked the individuals who they were with, they ignored me. If they were with DFG, then why not mention it?

And why is the DFG not returning any phone calls?

My buddy said that they probably stocked them at THEIR local pond. Pretty ingenious idea, I guess.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 01-16-2023 at 11:51 AM.

I know the answer to this and you're not going to like the answer! I know what happened, because this happened to my Local pond (La Mirada) when I was the Local park catfish King! The Bass were taken away and killed and disected to test for the toxic cited levels of Bass in our Local ponds!

If I can use a Metaphor that I hope won't offend anyone.

Your Bass were the Jews in occupied German land that were taken away and experimented on by German doctors to test on all kinds of things. That's why no one is talking to you about this. By the way, their not going to restock the Bass!

What did happen in La Mirada lake was, the Bass guy's restocked the lake with Bass! (it's pretty good Bass fishing in there now) Yea, I know you're not suppose to do that! But?????????????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-19-2023 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I know the answer to this and you're not going to like the answer! I know what happened, because this happened to my Local pond (La Mirada) when I was the Local park catfish King! The Bass were taken away and killed and disected to test for the toxicicited levels of Bass in our Local ponds!
    I can see that, but, from talking to individuals who have done arsenic/lead testing in fish, they only need to take a handful of samples in 3 distinct sizes, ie, 'small, medium and large.'

That doesn't mean taking 50% of the lake's population of fish.

But again, DFG won't return calls, so it's all speculation at this point.

Big ups to the bucket biologists who are re-stocking the lake with bass they catch at other places. Doing the job your license fees should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I can see that, but, from talking to individuals who have done arsenic/lead testing in fish, they only need to take a handful of samples in 3 distinct sizes, ie, 'small, medium and large.'

That doesn't mean taking 50% of the lake's population of fish.

But again, DFG won't return calls, so it's all speculation at this point.

Big ups to the bucket biologists who are re-stocking the lake with bass they catch at other places. Doing the job your license fees should be doing.
    Well I guess it's the same group. Because that's about as many Bass as they took out of La Mirada Regional park. Which totally destroyed the Bass population in there! Till the Bucket Biologist re stocked the lake with Bass! Their is a new expression I'm teaching all my friends. (it's not that new) When people or corporations and polictians do things they shouldn't, but do them anyway. THEY DO IT, BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!!!!!! Check your Natural Gas bill this month, if you don't believe me. I saw a program on that subject that said, "it's nothing more then price gouging!" They did it because "THEY COULD!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-18-2023 at 09:57 PM.

I think it's time to bring back The Bucket Brigade.

I think it's time to bring back The Bucket Brigade.
    I got a response from the DFW finally! It said:

Mr REDACTED,

Apologies for the initial email.
    For the information you are seeking, you must submit a Public Records Request.

I have provided the website below to file that request and there is also contact information for any questions.

CDFW Guidelines for Public Records Act Requests (ca.gov)

Thank you

This is gonna be fun. I've got more time and lawyers who have more time on their hands....
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 01-17-2023 at 05:22 PM.

UPDATE!

After DFW learned that this post was online, they responded.

And asked me to call CALTIP.

LOL

WTF is going on with your DFW agency guys?

UPDATE!

After DFW learned that this post was online, they responded.

And asked me to call CALTIP.

LOL

WTF is going on with your DFW agency guys?

SECOND UPDATE

After explaining that I wasn't trying to call in a poaching incident and asking them to re-read my mail, they said that I'd have to file a 'Freedom of DFW Information Act' form.

I'm invested now, so this will be fun.

not arsenic or lead

but forever chemicals .plastics
    and if the method of procuring them for data upsets you

the results are really going to bum you out

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    and if the method of procuring them for data upsets you
    We all took Bio in high school and got to disect frogs.

The *method* doesn't upset me at all, that's the way things work.

But taking the amount of #s that I saw them take?

That's the thing that is intriguing.

At that rate, if they want to test Castaic bass for lead and arsenic or what I see is the latest term, 'forever chemicals,' they're going to have to bring down some very large dump trucks if they want to test 50% of the lake's population.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 01-19-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast