Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: I guess people didn't get my memo about trout season being done for 2023!

Default I guess people didn't get my memo about trout season being done for 2023!

After freezing my butt off on Friday Jan 20 2023, I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice and get there at their opening time. Besides I had a coyote on my front lawn at 6:00 am. Stupid thing, I had to chase him down my street and told him "to never come back!" (I do have cats, that would be very tasty meal to him!) So on Saturday Jan 21, I wasn't going to arrive at Irvine lake till 10 am. When I pulled in the parking lot it was pretty crowded. (fools I thought, don't they know they aren't going to catch crap!) Didn't they get my memo??????? Lol Trout season is done and over! Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well some of you are wondering, "what are you doing there smart guy??????" I'm definitely not fishing for trout! As I was going in, one of my friends was going out. He went trout fishing and he said it was terrible for everybody. (he only saw 2 trout caught in the entire lake) Yet he still was acting like Linus. Thinking they are still going to bite one day.

After last year dismal trout fishing and that joke of a derby they put on. I've been secretly cover my bets, with an hour or two of catfishing in my Fall spots that produced marvelously for me. Last week I fished for trout and caught 2 on Friday and 1 catfish. So when I heard the trout didn't bite at all on Saturday. I went exclusively for catfish on Sunday. I hooked 2 decent ones, but one fell off the hook for some unknown reason. But I did land a nice 12 pound catfish. So I think you know where I'm going with this story. I'll finish the story tomorrow, for reasons that will be clear once you read it.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-22-2023 at 04:31 AM.