Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Epixor Inshore 1pc Rod For Salt or Freshwater by Okuma!

Default Epixor Inshore 1pc Rod For Salt or Freshwater by Okuma!

It's Been a Few Years That i Received My First Epixor 1pc Spinning Rods!

Since then Okuma has added 2 more rods to increase the Epixor line from 6 to 8 models. I tried my original rod of a few years today. But the weather man forgot to stick his head out the window because there was still stormy near gale force gusts that made recording audio very difficult today.

But i tried jigging my Mustad Tracershots in hopes of snagging a Jack but it was just to windy & after 30min i decided to leave as it got worse. But i did get a feel for these rods in actual on-site usage. First thing i noticed is the max rating of my model should've been 1oz instead of 1/2 as the 3/4oz jig was hardly noticeable when casting or putting any "flex" on the rod tip.

I feel this is meant for boosting fresh water fish from a boat. The rod was designed for vertical boosting because of the way the tip was laid out. I tried a 1oz jig & bingo! There was that "sweet spot" i was looking for. Of course i was shore jigging but i found it. Now on a boat using 1/2oz shouldn't be an issue while vertically jigging or bouncing a bait.

I love that 1-piece feel! I should try the 7-1/2ft rod next. But i need to put some weight on this rod first to make it "bend over". For a "medium-light" rating it easily passed as a "medium-heavy" on this extremely stormy afternoon.

EPi-S-701ML
    Length: 7'0"
    Pieces: 1
    Action: Mod.Fast
    Line Weight: 6-10lbs
    Lure Weight: 1/4-1/2oz
    # Of Guides: 7 + Tip
    Weight: 4.2oz

https://youtu.be/iRx33qeBGKQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-Pic.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	53981   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-Pic.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	53982