Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: HCS Menpachi Rod w/Blue Azores 4K Reel! Let's Take A Peek!

Default HCS Menpachi Rod w/Blue Azores 4K Reel! Let's Take A Peek!

First Time This 12ft Prototype Menpachi Rod Saw Light Of Day In Years!
    (HCS - Hawaiian Custom Series)

Also the first time this Blue Azores 4K has been out to play in years as well! It was last used by Okuma's Product Developer John Bretza on his visit here to help man the Izuo Brothers Product Show. booth The company sent me 4 of them with 4 whipping "casting" rods for the crew to use while in Hawaii. Guess who put line on all of them with Hammer Bombs & lures?

Time a lot of these past releases got a tan out in our Hawaiian sun! On my last video showcasing this rod my 1st whipping cast using a CHL "Completely Hooked Lures" grub by Landon Yamamoto produced a Papi'o "Jack". Then on my first dunk "bait cast" i got a strike while walking away & it was another Papi'o! All this captured on video and on my channel. Seemed right to retire this rod & reel as i had other gear to use.

Menpachi is a local term for Soldier Fish, also "Reds" & "Big Eyes". They're nocturnal & come out at night to feed. Okuma made these rods from 10'7"-13ft for the Hawaiian market. These rods started out as the Menpachi Rods but have been re-designated as Hawaiian Custom Rods at 10'7", 12' & 13'. One thing Okuma is known for. Listening to their customers. They actually will come down to listen & fish with the local experts to develop gear for localized usage. Not many companies can boast that claim.

On this outing i had nothing to report catch wise. Only my re-review of these great products.

https://youtu.be/vpkBwIEAFvY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Pic.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	53979