Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How I Set-Up Surf Fishing Rigs On Location! I'll Walk You Through!

Default How I Set-Up Surf Fishing Rigs On Location! I'll Walk You Through!

Understanding Your Surf Rigs To Match Your Game!

Today i dug out a pair of 12ft Nesika Surf Rods & 2 Blue Azores 6000 Spinning Reels out of storage. All by Okuma. One rig was brand new so had to spool fresh line on. This duo is a proven winning pair when used from shore. Cost per rig is now roughly around $200US and was my medium all-purpose dunking rigs (local term for surf casting rigs).

I had 2 more 10' Nesika rigs but they were pre-rigged with 4000 Blue Azores Spinners & another 12' w/another 6K Azores. I last used those at night in a cove years ago. Those 12ft rods are extremely strong as i high sticked a sting ray in just to demonstrate to everyone how tough they were (please never high stick any large fish in as it may damage your rod).

On this day i returned to Chocolate Beach as it was close by to my storage facility. I used both live crab & cut ika (squid). No strikes though. But i use this area to show others how i fish and to do product reviews.

https://youtu.be/uMZusfj-smY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	How I Set-Up Surf Fishing.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	53977