Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got F#####d on the Pride!!!!

got it now tuck

it was a thanksgiving conspiracy to pull a trump on you
    take your money and deliberately screw you

perfect business platform to keep a public service operation solvent for more than 50 years

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    got it now tuck

it was a thanksgiving conspiracy to pull a trump on you
    take your money and deliberately screw you

perfect business platform to keep a public service operation solvent for more than 50 years
    Yep and you made me Laugh!!!!!

Here is another part of the story I didn't mention. The relief Captain was in on the Screw!!!! I've fished on boats for over 50 years, so I know about how fast a boat can go in an hour. (10 miles is pretty accurate) So if the fish are 80 miles away, a good rule of thumb is, "it will take around 8 hours to get there!" So when he said how far the fish were away from the dock. I calculated in my head we wouldn't get there til 9:15 pm. So when I told him that, "he flat out lied to my face!" He said that if he pushed it, he get there by 7:30 pm! BS I thought to my self!!! He knew he was going to get there too late to the party. So he just lied to me in front of everybody, so it wouldn't look like were screwed before we left the dock. Which we were! Actually we didn't even make the 10 miles an hour! He said the fish were 72 miles away and when didn't even get there till 10:45 pm. Which means he was going extra slow to save on Gas. The slower the boat goes the better MPG the boat gets! So because he knew it was a suicide mission any way. Why burn more gas and more money because, "we are not going to catch anything any way!" By the way, "the ocean was Flat as a Lake going out!" (so his speed should have been even faster) More evidence of the Screw!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-21-2022 at 10:33 AM.

most boats cruise at 10 -14kts
    less at night

but if you own a boat you don't want to pound it

and check on your power load theory

and with diesel efficiency

slower is not necessarily more efficient

so all i can say is once more your trying to spin this into a trumpism and my advice to you is buy a boat and be your own captain
    Last edited by capoisok; 12-21-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    most boats cruise at 10 -14kts
    less at night

but if you own a boat you don't want to pound it

and check on your power load theory

and with diesel efficiency

slower is not necessarily more efficient

so all i can say is once more your trying to spin this into a trumpism and my advice to you is buy a boat and be your own captain
    I'll already did!!!! You notice I do mostly freshwater reports???? I'm captain there and if I catch fish, "guess who I give all the credit too????" Lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'll already did!!!! You notice I do mostly freshwater reports???? I'm captain there and if I catch fish, "guess who I give all the credit too????" Lol

the hatchery and the truck driver for dropping off the fish and curse the three-hour line it took you to get to catch them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12