Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fatty Jack Was Dining on Sardines!

Default Fatty Jack Was Dining on Sardines!

Again Mustad's Tracershot Jigs Scores Another Catch!

I had a late afternoon start as a had to drop by a local tackle shop Nankos to meet a friend. In 10min i hooked into a small Jack that shook itself off. Then a school of large sardines appeared bringing in visible predator fins breaking the water. My Tracershot Jig managed to hook a decent sized Jack Trevally known locally as a Papi'o, which was safely released back.

I was pretty fast in taking a fast iPhone video before releasing it back. The scuffle the fight made calmed the feeding activities down. So i decided to leave 20min latter. Of course i could hear the water eruptions as i headed back to my car. Figures. I latter had a fast meal with some friends before bringing home dinner for the wife & chihuahua.

So i used my 10'6" 2pc SST Spinning Rod w/a max rating of 3/4oz. Perfect for what i'm using! A ITX 3K Spinning Reel filled with 10lb Eminent Braid. I was again using Mustad's Tracershot Jigs. Why? The 45/55% body weighted curvature allows for a slow descent fall. Great for coming off reef flats to mud bars & open channels.

https://youtu.be/US2Q0VESvM4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-Pic.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	53927  

where's the kanpachi, pictures

Posted the pic of the Jack w/the vid. Jack, not an Amberjack.

know the difference

like a mouse to a lion
    just seeing if you had any photo's