Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: SPRO#3 Will Fit Most Med Plugging Rod Tips & Higher!

Default SPRO#3 Will Fit Most Med Plugging Rod Tips & Higher!

I Mostly Use SPRO & Mustad#3 For Direct Ties to my Lures & Jigs!

I rarely use mono leaders as i mostly employ braid as my main. SPRO#3 is rated at 135lb. You only get 3 to a bag. Mustad#3 is rated at 100lb and you get 4 to a bag. Both are quality products. These are ball bearing swivels with welded rings & cross-lock snaps. I like to employ these sizes. I use the SPROs for my heavier jigs & plugs while my lighter gauge lures i use the Mustads on.

The stronger Mustads are a bit larger then the SPROS while the smaller SPROs are ideal for my plugging & heavy jigging needs. Another draw is you can insert the whole #3 of both brands through most Medium rated plugging rod tips (last guide) without opening the snaps. So i use the SPROs for plugging & the Mustads for jigging.

Recently i've been concentrating on my shoreline jigging & have been asked this several times. So i thought i'd share what i employ. This style may not be what you might use but it does work well for me. If any of this information was useful to you then it was worth sharing:)

https://youtu.be/00EiJHM42QM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 1.09.46 PM.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	53896