Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Fulmor tips?

I went to Hemet Lake on Thursday. I have been there a couple of times this summer, and the Bluegill and Pumpkinseed fishing has been really good there. They have been decent size and biting on everything around the coves. I caught them on jigs, flies, worms and grubs (real ones from my yard) on Thursday. I was hoping to catch a catfish, too, but I didn't see any. No signs of trout either. I also caught a little bass and hooked a larger one on a jig, but it jumped and came off the hook.

By the way, while my wife was in the car, a woman approached her and appeared to be impersonating a ranger or some such. She seemed to be asking my wife and other people for parking fees. When my wife pointed out that we already had a parking pass (Adventure Pass) hanging from our rear-view mirror, she went to bother another woman. Watch out for scammers out there.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-13-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Watch out for scammers out there.
    Yikes. Reminds me of going to UCLA football and some of the parking workers at the Rose Bowl saying, "The parking is $40, but if you pay me $10, i'll let you in, but you wont have a tag to hang on your dash."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Yikes. Reminds me of going to UCLA football and some of the parking workers at the Rose Bowl saying, "The parking is $40, but if you pay me $10, i'll let you in, but you wont have a tag to hang on your dash."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Or my Facebook friend Kj who recently got an unsolicited message from some woman he does not know, who said that she won a bunch of money and wanted to send $70,000 to Kj, but he had to contact her lawyer first. I told Kj that I was fairly certain that the lawyer would ask Kj for a fee, like $1,000, then never send the nonexistent money. I told Kj not to contact the lawyer, and he didn't. Unfortunately, Kj doesn't have much money, so an offer like that seems tempting, but he knew enough to avoid it.

Always had luck after a stock on the pier with mini jigs and spinners. Especially white curly tail grubs in the smallest size.

I thought that this post looked familiar. I just wanted to mention that Fulmor Lake has now been reopened after being closed for remodeling for quite awhile. I couldn't tell what improvements they had made, if any. I think they are still working on it. Anyway, I checked out what was happening there last week. They had just stocked trout a few days prior, and I hooked a couple of them but they got off. I wasn't very excited about catching recent stockers anyway, so I didn't mind that too much. I did catch two juvenile bass, and I could see several of them near the inlet. I also saw a somewhat larger one near the pier. The strange thing is that I caught no sunfish, although I tried to. That left me wondering if they had a die off last year. I did get one strike on a bead headed fly near the fishing pier which might have been a sunfish, but I didn't see the fish.

I also went to Hemet Lake last week and had good luck on decent size, colorful Bluegill, plus I lost a trout on Power Bait. The people next to me were catching Trout on Power Bait, but I tend to be lousy at that type of fishing. Oh well..... The DFW has been stocking Hemet Lake regularly, but most of the trout looked very silvery (though just DFW stocker size), like they had been acclimated to the lake for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I thought that this post looked familiar. I just wanted to mention that Fulmor Lake has now been reopened after being closed for remodeling for quite awhile. I couldn't tell what improvements they had made, if any. I think they are still working on it. Anyway, I checked out what was happening there last week. They had just stocked trout a few days prior, and I hooked a couple of them but they got off. I wasn't very excited about catching recent stockers anyway, so I didn't mind that too much. I did catch two juvenile bass, and I could see several of them near the inlet. I also saw a somewhat larger one near the pier. The strange thing is that I caught no sunfish, although I tried to. That left me wondering if they had a die off last year. I did get one strike on a bead headed fly near the fishing pier which might have been a sunfish, but I didn't see the fish.

I also went to Hemet Lake last week and had good luck on decent size, colorful Bluegill, plus I lost a trout on Power Bait. The people next to me were catching Trout on Power Bait, but I tend to be lousy at that type of fishing. Oh well..... The DFW has been stocking Hemet Lake regularly, but most of the trout looked very silvery (though just DFW stocker size), like they had been acclimated to the lake for awhile.
    Those "colorful bluegill" are pumpkinseed sunfish.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Those "colorful bluegill" are pumpkinseed sunfish.
    No, they were male Bluegill in spawning colors, much like the one shown in this link. They had very red bellies and a lot of blue on their heads. The females were much lighter colored. (I did catch a couple of female Bluegill too, but mostly males.) https://panfishnation.com/male-blueg...male-bluegill/

I have caught a lot of Pumpkinseed Sunfish at Hemet Lake, Big Bear and other places, and I know the difference between them and Bluegills. Pumpkinseeds are usually a lot smaller than the Bluegills, too. I like catching them nonetheless, but the Bluegill population currently seems much larger than the Pumpkinseed population at Hemet Lake.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 07-19-2023 at 03:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12