Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Channel Islands Halibut

Default Channel Islands Halibut

Took the boat to the Channel Islands last week, hoping to get into some seabass action. We left around noon on Tuesday and went to Santa Cruz Island. Fished several spots with our frozen squid but only bat rays were biting for us. Saw a few 30 pounders caught by some other boaters though so we knew they were there. At nighttime we put the squid light out and used the crowder to catch about 3 scoops, plenty enough for the two of us. Morning comes and it's pretty quiet. We move around a few times and about 1 hour before I planned on calling it quits this nice flattie bites my line!

Jaime does a crappy gaff job, misses the first time then gets it in the tail and it freaked out getting me soaked! Luckily he got it onboard or he would have been going for a swim too. She weighed 24 pounds on the digital scale. Not my PB but a nice fish for sure!

Sweet flatty Bro!
    I guess I need to go next time to gaff it correctly.

Maybe it was pay back for a certain Dodo?!?

Take care,
    Robert
    <><

Very nice,I love WSB “Butt” there ain’t nothing wrong with a nice fat flatly! Congrats

Cya Tuna Vic

Fantastic !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Sweet flatty Bro!
    I guess I need to go next time to gaff it correctly.

Maybe it was pay back for a certain Dodo?!?

Take care,
    Robert
    <><
    i hate those damn stingrays and ouch, i still think about that dorado,