Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: MDW Monday - quick report

Default MDW Monday - quick report

Last minute trip to the lake. Lots of bbq and camping going on. Lots of rentals were cruising around. Slightly overcast with a light breeze turning into nice sunshine and a stronger breeze by around noon.

Water is definitely up.
    No algae bloom going on.
    Lake looks nice right now

Went looking for bluegills and couldn't find any.. doesnt look like they really moved up yet. Cruised over towards ramp 2 and was drifting through. Started marking some nice school of stripers (mostly schoolie size). Smaller than I'd like, but perfect for my daughter to tug on. Picked up 3 fish and farmed a few. It's hard to maneuver around with a 4year old and a bimini top .
    Wind started picking up started dragging us and the anchor with us off the spot. Tried to reset but wind wasn't letting up, decided to call it a day around 3 and head home.

Not a bad day at the lake, nice weather, got some fish and mostly family time..
    love that Skinner doesnt have a ton of lake lice (except for the random bassboat guy who likes to show off his 200hp motor ).

I have not fished Skinner yet, but will soon, and your report is appreciated.

Yup, in preparation for the Balloon and Wine Fest they always fill to capacity. Gota look good for the masses. Water is gin clear in lots of places.

Is the water level still up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley51 View Post
    Is the water level still up.
    Yes it was still up at the time I went.