Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trolling For Crappie

Default Trolling For Crappie

Hit Lake Wohlford up over the Holiday weekend. Got end into a different type of Crappie bite that was pretty good. My plan A was out the door after the first 60 minutes of fishing. Caught about 6 and missed about 6 with plan A and like magic the Crappie ran away. My go to Plan B is to drift a few spots that produce some time when the wind is blowing. It's only 7AM and the dosent normally start to blow at Wohlford until 11AM so I had to come up with Plan C. I would create my own wind by trolling. I trolled a Road Runner and Flicker Shad for 16 more Crappie and 1 Crappie that won me the Lake Wohlford Crappie Whopper of the month. Always be ready to adapt and go to Multiple Plans. If something has worked at other lakes don't be afraid to reach into your Bag of Tricks. Desperate Times require Desperate Measures.

Peace,

RCClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220530_105733.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	53779

The little green looking thing in the fishes mouth was the Flicker Shad. I am horrible at inserting pictures.

Default Plan C Results

Crappie in Basket
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220530_125345.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	53780