Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Field Tested my Flanker Speed Jigs by FishLab!

Default Field Tested my Flanker Speed Jigs by FishLab!

Of The 2 Available Sizes I Went With The 4-1/2in 1oz Lure Today!

The other size is 3-1/3in at 3/4oz. The rod i chose was the 9'9" Guide Select Pro. The reel? The NEW Limited Edition GT Spinning Reel also by Okuma. Reel was spooled with 10lb Eminent Braid. I do have the smaller size as well but taking "baby steps" with my Honda Pilot as i only put everything back together earlier this month. For now don't want to travel far or stay out all day.

I casted this lure all day long, easily over 100 casts near & far. I did get a triple strike off a pier that set the tight drag off 3x. Felt like a small Papi'o Jack. The scratches on the bottom of the Jig Bait proved that. Just by examining the stats & shape i already knew this lure was going to be "special". If i was going to design my own Speed Jig it would look just like this as well.

During my field testing of lures i look at distance achieved on the cast to how the lure reacts when retrieved slow to fast & being jerked hard to how it reacts going dead in the water. This tells me the type of environment it's best suited for. For me i see myself casting flat reefs starting at 2ft with the longer heavier lure. The smaller lighter lure would be fun to use on an ultra-light rig using 4lb monofilament line.

https://youtu.be/WWpPD5XWeY8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	138E9C61-E2BD-47F1-B31D-48A8569E079E.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	53772