Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: My Limited Edition GT Reel Has Been Broken In!

Default My Limited Edition GT Reel Has Been Broken In!

Yes! I Actually Used my Okuma Limited Edition Spinning Reel Instead of Leaving it Boxed on a Shelf!

Last year Okuma release 1,500 numbered units in green & orange to mimic those bright showy colors that the Grand Touring racing cars are known for. But i had to go & use it! So i paired my best green & golden jig by Mustad, the Tracershots with Okuma's 9'9" Guide Select Pro Spinning Rod with the GT Spinners. So i found out this reel is for real!

The retrieval speed was adequate to keep the fish on. The 22lb of max drag felt strong when i maxed it out just to test it. An unexpected surprise was the highly packed even line lay! That explained how smoothly the line peels off the spool & the extreme distance that i was getting using both my 20g & 25g Tracershot Jigs by Mustad.

To be honest i was under the impression that limited edition reels were made for collectors to cherish as collectors items. I found this spinner to be as desirable & functional as my Cedros 4000 spinner. Size wise it is a 4000 spinning reel. I easily made over 100 casts today. Even though i brought in nothing "sizable" i tried to play the fish to see how the reel reacted.

I brought in 3 fish & i had 3 strikes that came off. All fish were safely released back. The gloves i used today were from Gorilla Grip. I've been using these gloves for over 4yr now with no problems.

https://youtu.be/hhfmPdYA8uY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Limited Edition- Cover.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	53769