Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shore Jigging Mustad Tracershots on Guide Select Rod w/Helios Reel!

Default Shore Jigging Mustad Tracershots on Guide Select Rod w/Helios Reel!

In 30min Got 3 Fish So I Left early as i Bumped Into a Hornet Nest!

I was having a good day. My SUV is repaired after 3-weeks so i can travel without asking friends. Hiked into this area and on my first cast hit a decent sizes Papi'o (Jack). Than i heard splashing off my right so i made a blind cast and caught an average sized Papi'o.

Didn't see the Yellowjacket Wasp nest until i "bumped" them. At the same time i hooked a Kaku (Barracuda). I was in such burning pain! My left neck, ear, head & face was swelling-up. I jammed my rig into the rocks and dove in. That seemed to work. The Cuda was still on but my GoPro was sitting in the water so called it an early day.

I had noticed the 20g Tracershot Jig was to light for that rig. Also because of the distance i was getting on the cast i was getting "wind knots" in the first 30ft of my mainline. Instead of changing it out for a heavier jig i decided to leave. Plus the pain i was going through didn't help.

I also released all my fish back. I love catching them but i was there to educate, not to enjoy myself. All my good close friends know that i don't do what i do for money or recognition. I do it to share information & to educate others that are just beginning.

https://youtu.be/8vi2tXC6pEo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shore Jigging-Cover.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	53755