It was due to happen. Made my 2 hour trek back to my Crappie Honey Hole at Cachuma Lake yesterday. The day started off rocky. No rental boats available. They were holding their annual trout derby for the 1st time in 3 years because of Covid. Had to wait a while for people who reserved a boat to finally cancel their reservation. Me and my fishing buddy did a little good will work helping a young lady who was by herself put line on her saltwater rod/reel with a desire to win some money by catching a trout. Finally got on the water around 10:45AM. Everything was different at my Crappie honey hole. The wind was blowing in a different direction. The water was more stained than my past 3 trips to the lake. The spot had become my Crappy Honey Hole. Not one Crappie bite after fishing 5 or 6 other spots that had produced the past 3 weeks. I did catch 2 bass and 2 smallmouth bass. Those smallmouth put up a great fight for their size. Much like a bluegill. Well that's fishing. Humbled again just when you think you have everything dialed in. That's why I keep going. Simply Put " The Chance at Redemption"!

Tight Lines