Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Let them get away

Default Let them get away

I fished Silverwood by myself on the 25th. I trolled for trout and landed two (picture) but I lost three because I was trying to troll two rods. Should have known better after all these years, but trying to manage a second rod while one is hooked usually ends up like I did. Next time it's just one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0927.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	53696  

HI Pastorshelton and thanks for the report. Glad you got bit and posted the picture. What lure were you using? I will be hitting Mojave Narrows buy my home soon and see if I can get bit on some new Jake's Spin-A-Lure. The lures resemble the Super Duper and I have caught lots of trout on this lure. I have been told this Jake's catches a lot of trout, we will see.
    Thanks again for the report.
    TL's
    Jig-Guy / Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    HI Pastorshelton and thanks for the report. Glad you got bit and posted the picture. What lure were you using? I will be hitting Mojave Narrows buy my home soon and see if I can get bit on some new Jake's Spin-A-Lure. The lures resemble the Super Duper and I have caught lots of trout on this lure. I have been told this Jake's catches a lot of trout, we will see.
    TL's
    Jig-Guy / Bill
    Make sure you go with bright colors, the narrows water is very stained and shallow. Fish gather in the middle of the smaller lake so cast as far as you can and let your lure sink to the right depth then retrieve accordingly. I ninja fished the narrows for years, so long in fact I was there the nights the guy was having sex with the horses. He would take them from the stable and walk them down to the dam area and "mount" up. The sheriff scared the crap out of me one night when they were looking for him, they told me they weren't there for me and I could keep fishing. A few days later they caught him and when they raided his apartment they found taxidermy horse hind quarters in his living room. TRUE STORY.

Horse stolen, sexually assaulted
    Victorville, CA (US)
    Incident Date: Wednesday, Jun 24, 1998
    County: San Bernardino

Disposition: Convicted

Defendant/Suspect: Brian Lyle Courtier

Case Updates: 1 update(s) available

A 25-year-old man is facing his second set of charges for allegedly stealing a horse from its corral in the Mojave Narrows Regional Park and sexually assaulting it.

San Bernardino sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beaver says Brian Lyle Courtier has admitted to the June 24 attack, which occurred just months after he was convicted of having sex with another horse in the same area.

In the most recent incident, the horse's owner found the animal wandering in a nearby swamp along the Mojave River and had it examined by a veterinarian.

Beaver says investigators questioned Courtier at his Victorville, Calif. home, and he admitted that he was again involved in sex crimes with horses.

Investigators say evidence recovered in Courtier's home linked him to the sexual assault. The nature of the evidence has not been made public.

Courtier faces a misdemeanor charge of sexual assault on a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    TL's
    Jig-Guy / Bill
    Sorry for the late reply. I usually don't check this but once a week. I was using Thomas Bouyant in the Rainbow pattern for these. I was out there again this week and got one on my first pass and then nothing the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by pastorsheldon View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I usually don't check this but once a week. I was using Thomas Bouyant in the Rainbow pattern for these. I was out there again this week and got one on my first pass and then nothing the rest of the day.
    Nice job out there I was there last week for some stripers and got nada. Was a nice day on the water any how.