Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hodges

Default Hodges

Fished for a skunk on 3/23. First time on Hodges, so a blank is OK. There were a LOT of boats, but I saw only a couple of fish hooked. The one fella that said he caught six crappie was using shiners. I was using Road Runners, with different skirts and a meal worm.

Hodges fish . Half have or so
    Have spawned already. The
    Bait guys are mostly fishing
    Shallow under a bobber at this
    Time. Underspins do work here,,

Try shallow with a jig under a bobber
    Or wait for post spawn fish———-

CM

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    Fished for a skunk on 3/23. First time on Hodges, so a blank is OK. There were a LOT of boats, but I saw only a couple of fish hooked. The one fella that said he caught six crappie was using shiners. I was using Road Runners, with different skirts and a meal worm.
    Hodges Crappie have moved in to very shallow and rocky areas. The narrows is the best spot. Start working shoreline by the 1st No Wake Sign and keep working your further into the Narrows. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. After that traffic coming north, I will probably stay closer to home. Sure, wish there was a crappie bite up here. There used to be some at lake Perris, but not heard or read about that in years.

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    Thanks guys. After that traffic coming north, I will probably stay closer to home. Sure, wish there was a crappie bite up here. There used to be some at lake Perris, but not heard or read about that in years.
    Their is a Crappie bite going on at Irvine lake right now! However, it has very limited spots available.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-26-2022 at 11:54 AM.