Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Couple Reports

Default Couple Reports

Been super busy lately but was able to squeeze a couple of fishing trips in!

First trip was Thursday, Feb. 24. We worked swimbaits in front of the launch ramp most of the day. Jaime connected with a couple decent ones, I got a few good bites but couldn't get anything to stick. Need to sharpen my hooks!

Next trip was March 2nd. Because striper was slow last time, we decided to try for LMB first. Got a few decent ones on dropshot.

Went back to the launch ramp around noon and found out they had just stocked the lake with trout! We busted out the swimbaits and connected with a couple decent striper before the lake closed. All fish released!

Beautiful day, was nice to be able to wear shorts in early March!

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Been super busy lately but was able to squeeze a couple of fishing trips in!

First trip was Thursday, Feb. 24. We worked swimbaits in front of the launch ramp most of the day. Jaime connected with a couple decent ones, I got a few good bites but couldn't get anything to stick. Need to sharpen my hooks!

Next trip was March 2nd. Because striper was slow last time, we decided to try for LMB first. Got a few decent ones on dropshot.

Went back to the launch ramp around noon and found out they had just stocked the lake with trout! We busted out the swimbaits and connected with a couple decent striper before the lake closed. All fish released!

Beautiful day, was nice to be able to wear shorts in early March!

Glad you got on them and thanks for the reports. Castaic is one of the only lake in So Cal that I never fish. Been putting in a lot of work at Hodges trying to tame those Crappies. The full spawn is on.