Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bait and no wait

Default Bait and no wait

Well, before the winds made a messy murky cocktail with veggie chunks in it, I went to check the holes. Had to put fresh salt on my new license. And not only the holes were there, but anchovies were swimming in schools in them! The deepest parts of the holes were identified by mullet jumping sideways out of them.
    That is where I casted the new white LC , I was suspicious of it’s unnatural look, but the fish liked it. I scraped a few mulet on their sides but they were not schooling thick enough to snag. I like the fight they give on a treble. But I was rewarded with a couple BSP and, in each of the three holes I enjoyed nice bendos and action.
    First had a small hali and legal size sandy, next had ~18 hali , and the final one had a 26” hali . It decided not to fight and cruised to the shore effortlessly. All fish released after friendly pep talk. Now the wait for conditions to settle again. But would the holes still be there?
    Have fun at it, saw the dolphins and pelicans moving back inshore, – I hope that’s good sign!

See,
    It just wasn't the right time in your last report

Nice job getting on them,

Robert
    <><

Thanks for the interesting post & it sure sounds like you had a great time getting bit. CR makes for more bites next time you hit the holes (or new holes).
    TL's
    Jig-Guy/Bill