Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Field Testing The Williamson Surface Lures!

Default Field Testing The Williamson Surface Lures!

Over 6yr Ago I Was Testing This Lure-I Liked The Single Hook Layout!

Found these vids & pics in my drive today. I loved the reaction the single hook design imparted on the surface action of these lures. I tried the Shimano Orca & Live Target Mullet alongside the Williamson Surface Lures. The other lures incorporated dual treble hooks. I found those lures tend to track straighter whereas the Williamson could perform surface & sub-surface "rolls" by changing up the retrieval speed .

These Williamson were lighter weighted at 1.6oz for a 5.6in back then. Now they're in 5", 6" & 7" lengths. Also heavier diving lures now with trebles. Nice to see the surface to sub-surface top water lures in heavier weights. Reminds me of my current favorite surface lure by FishLab The Hooker Stickbaits which also uses single duo hooks but heavier at 2.3oz.

Using trebles means the fish will have a harder time trying to get away but the hooks will do more damage to the fish if you intended to C&R your catch. Also the trebs will cause the lure to track straighter. I rarely keep my catches, i mostly C&R. Which is why i prefer single hooks, does less damage to the fish. Also less damage to the angler as well over time. Accidents do happen from time to time. Unfortunately.

https://youtu.be/Np2lCFp3DvQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover-Williamson Lure.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	53641