Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: PB's All-Around

Default PB's All-Around

Jaime and I took the Mini Kolo to Castaic last Thursday. Had to get some redemption after skunking at Hemet and Skinner the last two trips! They had stocked trout on Tuesday so we figured the swimbait bite would be on. Tried around the ramp first thing for a couple hours with no bites. It was windy and cold so we decided to try some coves for LMB since the water came up over 50 feet the last couple months. Got a few nice 1-2 pounders on the drop shot. Fun on light tackle, they seem to fight harder in the wintertime. Afternoon rolls around and we decide to hit the stripers again. Got a 3-4 pounder right off the bat. A little while later Jaime connects with a 7-8 pounder, his PB! Goes into kind of a lull after that but we are fishing hard because we know they are there. Patrol boat come around and tells us to start heading back to the ramp because the lake is closing. I make one more cast as they are leaving and BAM! Get slammed hard. I knew this was a big one, taking runs and fighting harder than any striper I ever caught. Jaime does a great net job and it's a FAT 31-inch monster! We estimate around 15-17 pounds, definitely my PB. Let her go to spawn and fight another day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	53611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2332.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	53612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0973.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	53613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2342.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	53614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2336.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	53615

Things started off a little slow but we found them
    Stoked to get my Personal best but of course Jeff had to out do me
    With that monster of a striper , what a blast !!!
    I think we still have a couple trips left before we go back to the salt

Awesome ending,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic