Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Where to fish? Eastern Sierra's

Default Where to fish? Eastern Sierra's

Gonna head up there this early June. We have a couple of sites in mind in Bridgeport, June lake loop, or Convict lake to act as a base camp for our fishing operations. Which one of those lakes do you think is going to fish the best this year?
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by FISHISH; 02-01-2022 at 09:48 PM.

I'm a big fan of the June loop (Grant mostly) because I know easy shore spots that almost always hold fish. June used to be our goto but it's rough with elderly/young children. Some friends know the same for Convict but again shore can be a rough trek. Haven't taken the time to learn PVR but same deal.

If you have a boat or are willing to rent then Crowley is always the best guarantee. Convict is another solid bet. Gull is the easiest but really dependent on plants.

If you're talking about hot lakes, that's just trout plants and fishing near marinas. Or fishing early morning/evening shallows the week after the plants. Not my cup of tea for the sierras which is why I don't hit up mammoth much.

Generally speaking, June-September is (relatively, depending on plants) hard fishing unless you can get your bait into the right depth/spots. Got to cast really far if you're on shore. Maybe learn to use slip bobbers in some lakes.
    Last edited by Temp; 02-06-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp View Post
    I'm a big fan of the June loop (Grant mostly) because I know easy shore spots that almost always hold fish. June used to be our goto but it's rough with elderly/young children. Some friends know the same for Convict but again shore can be a rough trek. Haven't taken the time to learn PVR but same deal.

If you have a boat or are willing to rent then Crowley is always the best guarantee. Convict is another solid bet. Gull is the easiest but really dependent on plants.

If you're talking about hot lakes, that's just trout plants and fishing near marinas. Or fishing early morning/evening shallows the week after the plants. Not my cup of tea for the sierras which is why I don't hit up mammoth much.

Generally speaking, June-September is (relatively, depending on plants) hard fishing unless you can get your bait into the right depth/spots. Got to cast really far if you're on shore. Maybe learn to use slip bobbers in some lakes.
    Thanks! Have you fished the Bridgeport area?