Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fear No Trout is Back

Default Fear No Trout is Back

Fear No Trout is BACK!

Greetings to everyone on FNN, it's been decades since I made a post here and I just wanted to thank Webmaster Jeff for welcoming me back.

In my absence I have a lot of catching up with everyone who is on this platform.

Some of you can remember I was a great fan of the Vine and spent hundreds of days fishing for trout with good friends like Trollmeister, Pontoon, Fat Albert, Dr. Hook, Shad Dad, Steve Ballew, Timster, Team 57 and many more.

I am now retired after 40 years as a union cameraman from the motion picture and television industry. I had a great run and manage to be still alive now at age 72. I am grateful for everything and especially my love of trout fishing. I also retired as a licensed trout fishing guide in 2008 from Crowley Lake and now fish recreationally but not nearly as much as I did in the early 90's and 2000's.

Some of you followed my lifelong goal to produce a documentary film called the Manzanar Fishing Club that was theatrically released in 2012. It was shown in theater along the West Coast, Hawaii, Midwest and East Coast screen in some selected theaters in the AMC chain. I had the privilege of meeting many of you at the Fred Hall Show while we crowd funding beginning in 2005.

I must acknowledge Bart Hall of the Fred Hall Shows and Pat McDonnell of Western Outdoor News for opening the door and introducing me to Bart Hall who so graciously and generously gave the opportunity to share in the development of my documentary film project providing me with a huge exhibit space at his shows. Pat McDonnell deserves props for creating a constant news stream of the evolution and progress of the Manzanar Fishing Club until it was theatrically released and promoted on Western Outdoor News.

As mentioned, the Manzanar Fishing Club was released in 2012 and dvds were available online through Amazon and some local retailers. With the support of the community we sold over 10,000 copies and now we are celebrating our 10th year of our theatrical release we will for the first time be streaming starting February 19, 2022. Dvds will no longer be produced and a limited amount are still available at the Manzanar National Historic Site https://www.nps.gov/manz/index.htm and at JANM (Japanese American National Museum) in Little Tokyo in downtown Los Angeles, https://www.janm.org and our website: https://www.fearnotrout.com

All sales go to our outreach programs serving the colleges, schools and community organizations. The filmmakers never intended to make a profit but every purchase albeit sales of dvd's or streaming will go directly to our outreach program. Not only dvds and streaming, the Manzanar Club is celebrating its 10th Anniversary with a commemorative hat. Please check our website for details to support this film at: https://www.fearnotrout.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hats.JPEG 
Views:	121 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	53590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMC REDONDO BEACH1.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	53591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Congress.cert-email.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	53592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TMFC ONE SHEETxxxx.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	53593  

Quote Originally Posted by Fear No Trout View Post
    Fear No Trout is BACK!

Greetings to everyone on FNN, it's been decades since I made a post here and I just wanted to thank Webmaster Jeff for welcoming me back.

In my absence I have a lot of catching up with everyone who is on this platform.

Some of you can remember I was a great fan of the Vine and spent hundreds of days fishing for trout with good friends like Trollmeister, Pontoon, Fat Albert, Dr. Hook, Shad Dad, Steve Ballew, Timster, Team 57 and many more.

I am now retired after 40 years as a union cameraman from the motion picture and television industry. I had a great run and manage to be still alive now at age 72. I am grateful for everything and especially my love of trout fishing. I also retired as a licensed trout fishing guide in 2008 from Crowley Lake and now fish recreationally but not nearly as much as I did in the early 90's and 2000's.

Some of you followed my lifelong goal to produce a documentary film called the Manzanar Fishing Club that was theatrically released in 2012. It was shown in theater along the West Coast, Hawaii, Midwest and East Coast screen in some selected theaters in the AMC chain. I had the privilege of meeting many of you at the Fred Hall Show while we crowd funding beginning in 2005.

I must acknowledge Bart Hall of the Fred Hall Shows and Pat McDonnell of Western Outdoor News for opening the door and introducing me to Bart Hall who so graciously and generously gave the opportunity to share in the development of my documentary film project providing me with a huge exhibit space at his shows. Pat McDonnell deserves props for creating a constant news stream of the evolution and progress of the Manzanar Fishing Club until it was theatrically released and promoted on Western Outdoor News.

As mentioned, the Manzanar Fishing Club was released in 2012 and dvds were available online through Amazon and some local retailers. With the support of the community we sold over 10,000 copies and now we are celebrating our 10th year of our theatrical release we will for the first time be streaming starting February 19, 2022. Dvds will no longer be produced and a limited amount are still available at the Manzanar National Historic Site https://www.nps.gov/manz/index.htm and at JANM (Japanese American National Museum) in Little Tokyo in downtown Los Angeles, https://www.janm.org and our website: https://www.fearnotrout.com

All sales go to our outreach programs serving the colleges, schools and community organizations. The filmmakers never intended to make a profit but every purchase albeit sales of dvd's or streaming will go directly to our outreach program. Not only dvds and streaming, the Manzanar Club is celebrating its 10th Anniversary with a commemorative hat. Please check our website for details to support this film at: https://www.fearnotrout.com
    Welcome Back Sir!

Welcome back FNT!
    I remember those days well. Awesome times at the Vine!
    Really miss it.

Congrats! I remember reading about your film but never had a chance to see it. I will definitely check it out! I love the Owens Valley and I'm sure the insight the film gives will make the experience even richer. Thanks!

tnx for all you do corey-and thanx for giving me the name trollmieste in 1998 when fnn ist came about

Whats up dude, Nice to see you. Miss you guys :)

Default Fear No Trout back on FNN

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    Whats up dude, Nice to see you. Miss you guys :)
    Muskyman,

I have been incognito for a long time but now that I am retired from the motion picture industry I am now writing an illustrated children's book as a companion piece the my documentary film the Manzanar Fishing Club. It will take about 2 years to complete but It will be something I wanted to do for many years after the Manzanar Fishing Club came out in 2012 at the theaters.

I hope you are well but Covid shut down a lot of my tours at Manzanar in past two years. I hopefully will be able to start back up in May or June of this year.

Thanks for the shout out!

Fear No Trout

Trollmeister: What can I say...you are one of the Legends of the "Vine" along with Pontoon, Fat Albert, Dr. Hook, Shad Dad and off course Team 57. You are the Kencor master and made fishing a blast for everyone. I cherish all the memories. Tight Lines!

Fear No Trout
    Create of the "Dreaded Threaded Crawler"

Hey trollmiester do you have kencors?