Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hemet Lake Skunking

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    776

    Default Hemet Lake Skunking

    Got a cabin in Idyllwild for a few days so tried the trout fishing at Lake Hemet. There were lots of people fishing the shoreline but only a couple of boats out. We had brought the Mini Kolo so decided to launch and give it a try. Trolled around the entire lake a few times using various lures at different depths. No bites! Talked to several shore anglers - no bites for them either. Found out later that the last trout plant was Nov. 2, 2021! It's not a very big lake and one of the only recreation spots for the surrounding communities so it gets fished out pretty quickly. Had some other fun hiking some of the trails around Idyllwild, saw some cool pictographs and wildlife.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	53568

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0702.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	53569

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Got a cabin in Idyllwild for a few days so tried the trout fishing at Lake Hemet. There were lots of people fishing the shoreline but only a couple of boats out. We had brought the Mini Kolo so decided to launch and give it a try. Trolled around the entire lake a few times using various lures at different depths. No bites! Talked to several shore anglers - no bites for them either. Found out later that the last trout plant was Nov. 2, 2021! It's not a very big lake and one of the only recreation spots for the surrounding communities so it gets fished out pretty quickly. Had some other fun hiking some of the trails around Idyllwild, saw some cool pictographs and wildlife.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	53568

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0702.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	53569
    The beauty of Nature helps to make up for a tough day fishing. You'll Get Em Next Time!

  3. #3

    Default

    We've all heard that old expression of "A day late and a dollar short!" In this case it was a day or two early. They just dumped into the lake 4,000 pounds of trout Tuesday Jan 25. The fishing is now Red Hot there!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    We've all heard that old expression of "A day late and a dollar short!" In this case it was a day or two early. They just dumped into the lake 4,000 pounds of trout Tuesday Jan 25. The fishing is now Red Hot there!
    Figures! It’s a beautiful little lake. Wouldn’t mind trying it again but the drive up the mountain is not easy, especially in fog or rain.

  5. #5

    Default

    went by it on my way back to beach early yesterday 7:30 pulled over to check it out
    not much wind but it was cold

    more than i few people fishing spent about 20 minutes watching

    saw 2 fish caught one looked nice both on the shore


    as posted a nice place just to kick it with the kids

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    sa bernardino
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    went by it on my way back to beach early yesterday 7:30 pulled over to check it out
    not much wind but it was cold

    more than i few people fishing spent about 20 minutes watching

    saw 2 fish caught one looked nice both on the shore


    as posted a nice place just to kick it with the kids
    Nice to see

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hemet
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Hopefully youll get em next time. Knew of a regular that lived near the old location of Last Chance B&T he would slow troll the dreaded NC and hammer them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •