Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: My Largest Baitfeeder Spinner is a Coronado!

Default My Largest Baitfeeder Spinner is a Coronado!

My LARGEST Baitfeeder Spinning Reel is The Okuma Coronado CDX-80!

I've owned huge spinners from time to time so i'm used to the higher line capacity to the extra weight. But i've always gave them away after time. Several years ago i purchased a Okuma Trios from Sports Authority. Now that reel had power & huge line capacity. Years passed and i met Robert Nguyen who told me to get the new Coronado 60. He promised me that i'd love it & will use it. He was right! Thanks Robert!

I've made a few videos on the previous units. But i had to purchase the newest & largest monster ever last year, the Coronado CDX-80! To date i've never used such a huge spinner before. This was validated when i used my Sportsman Innovations line spooler. The spool barely fit on the unit but i added spacers to spool the line on tightly.

Of all the spinners i've reviewed baitfeeders are still poorly understood by shoreline anglers. It's one of the most common questions i get. So on this review i'll try to be more descriptive and explain the functions in terms that a beginner can understand. If you still have a question i'll still answer it the best i can.

Coronado CDX-80
    Line Retrieve 45.4"
    Gear Ratio 4.8/1
    Max Drag 37.5lbs
    Weight 30.1oz

https://youtu.be/yqmP2Diky7g
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coronado Cover.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	53559  

I have had the 60 for about 3 years, I use it for cats when fishing DVL. I like my Okuma.

The CDX80 is HUGE. Holds more line than the 60 but is heavier. You have a good size.