Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diaster at Irvine trout opener!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    When it comes to trout stockings, "if you had a bad result from the stocking!" It doesn't usually turn around! So I generally just write it off and move on to something else. But for inquiring minds who want to know for sure????? It was crap on this past Friday too! I guessed it would be crap, so I went catfishing in the back on Friday and had 1 half hearted catfish bite! One my way out, I talked to a friend of mine in the parking lot and he saw 1 catfish caught, 1 carp caught and 1 trout caught! So my guess was confirmed that it was going to be crap ole! That why I had a plan B lined up for Sunday. See my Lake Wohlford report, it's going to be a good one.
    I agree with ETucker. No more of those baby non biting trout. The rest of my trout fishing will be at Wohlford were I know the trout will be bigger, they will bite and I can also hunt for Catfish and Crappie. I just got recent intel on the Catfish and Crappie bite at Wohlford from a buddy of mine who works there.

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    I agree with ETucker. No more of those baby non biting trout. The rest of my trout fishing will be at Wohlford were I know the trout will be bigger, they will bite and I can also hunt for Catfish and Crappie. I just got recent intel on the Catfish and Crappie bite at Wohlford from a buddy of mine who works there.
    Just an FYI - The water level at Irvine has risen to the weed line. There are very FEW spots to fish where weeds will prevent you from bringing in fish. I fished on New Year's day and caught four because I was lucky enough to get one of those open spots. The smallest was 6 inches, the biggest 1 1/2. A guy next to me landed a nice 3.9 lightning. Thank goodness he had a long extension on his net. It was hard to see how others were doing but I heard from a guy walking the shoreline that he thought in general it was tough going. It wasn't terribly crowded and those who did fish found one of those limited open spots or trampled down the weeds to create their own fishing spot. I agree that the stocking this year from Idaho is disappointing but they do mix in some big ones. If you haven't been there in a while, I just wanted to give you a heads up what is out there. Maybe this week the water level has gone down enough to open up some more shoreline. Hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit Time View Post
    Just an FYI - The water level at Irvine has risen to the weed line. There are very FEW spots to fish where weeds will prevent you from bringing in fish. I fished on New Year's day and caught four because I was lucky enough to get one of those open spots. The smallest was 6 inches, the biggest 1 1/2. A guy next to me landed a nice 3.9 lightning. Thank goodness he had a long extension on his net. It was hard to see how others were doing but I heard from a guy walking the shoreline that he thought in general it was tough going. It wasn't terribly crowded and those who did fish found one of those limited open spots or trampled down the weeds to create their own fishing spot. I agree that the stocking this year from Idaho is disappointing but they do mix in some big ones. If you haven't been there in a while, I just wanted to give you a heads up what is out there. Maybe this week the water level has gone down enough to open up some more shoreline. Hoping for the best.
    This week is a non stock week on trout. But after that, it will be stocked every week for awhile. So their is hope after this week, trout fishing will be good if you can get a decent spot which are few and far between! However, half their trout season has already gone by and it's been a Bust! So let's hope the 2nd half will be decent. I too did some exploring too last weekend in the East end. The water level was way up and destroyed most of my good catfish spots! The good news was if the water level stays where it is now. The middle pond where the Crappie spawned last year, now has an opening to the main lake. If it stays the way it is now, their should be a Crappie bite in there in March & April again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12