Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hodgepodge of random stuff.

Default Hodgepodge of random stuff.

First of all. Skinner giveth and Skinner taketh away. I lost a Curado DC reel and a nice rod to the inlet so maybe a bottom fishing angler may get lucky. I have been disappointed that there have been no November boils and shad run. Well, I'm not the only one. The banks are lined with pelicans, cormorants and gulls all waiting for the same thing. We're all missing out. Lastly, for those who haven't heard, the first trout stocking is scheduled for November 30th. That's all folks!

You are absolutely correct in the waiting for fall / winter activity to happen. Only seen a few here and there but nothing like years past. Hopefully with the weather cooling down, it might get them going. Thanks for the info Pat.

Thanks for the quick report PAW. Sorry to hear about the lost setup, I too unwillingly donated a setup Stradic 1k/Expride to the lake this past summer.. ironically at the inlet also. There's a catfish pulling that light setup around still somewhere.

I'm hoping to have my boat deck project finished up and back out there early December. If you see a blue duroboat on the lake, please feel free to say Hi.

Will do. I promised myself I wasn't going to replace the DC with another, but it was just so easy to click on the "buy now" button. Should be here early next week.