Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: HCS Custom Surf Rods!

Default HCS Custom Surf Rods!

Nice To See These 13'3" & 14'2" Surf Rods On Display!

I was going to town today to find myself a Heavy Duty SS Harness Lug and i stopped at Roy's Fishing Supply in Aiea on Oahu. They actually had 2 sizes in numbers (roughly 2dz pieces). Lucky me! Roy has a leg injury but still was their chatting with customers even though he was on crutches so his sister was kind enough to ring me up.

Behind me was a stand-up display of Okuma's recent HCS "Hawaiian Custom Series" Surf Rods in 13'3" & 14'2". First time i've seen them on display as they normally sell out quickly.

These 3pc rods have a variable casting counter weight in the handle. Rated for 20-50lb test line. Lure weight 120-250gr. Rod Power is XH, rod taper MF "moderate fast". The 13'3" weighs 18.8oz & the 13'2" is 20.6oz. For the first 8 months as soon as these Surf Rods are put out they're sold. Now there's display models available for me to shoot a video on them.
    For those waiting for these rods both can accept spinners & conventionals due to the Low Rider Guides by Fuji (same concept in the Ballistic Surf Rods).

Features-
    Fast and responsive 30-ton carbon surf rod blanks

3-pc blank configuration for easy transportation

Custom carbon fiber pipe with Fuji reel seat hoods

Fuji 3-legged, deep pressed Low Rider guide frames

Fuji’s Alconite inserts for hardness and abrasion resistance

Counter balancing weight system in rear butt cap

Non slip shrink tube grips above and below reel seat

Ergonomic EVA tapered rear grip for leverage while casting

Comes standard with Fine Stitched Thickly Padded Rod Case housing all 3-pieces

Above each ferrule connection is a "Grip Pad" for wet handed operational ease

HCS Custom Surf rods are backed by a limited lifetime warranty

https://youtu.be/fM1t-kPyFfU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Pic.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	53474