Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: We must over come the power of the Tomahawk chant!

Default We must over come the power of the Tomahawk chant!

Since the beginning of Mankind's struggle against other Human begins in Warfare. The War cry has been used to intimidate a person enemy's in Mortal combat! In our own history, we had to first silence the hostile Native Americans war cry, who were at war with our first settlers. Then in our own American Civil War, we had to deal with the Rebel Yell of the Confederate army! In WW2 we had to silence the Banzai charges of the Japaneses solider. In the Korean conflict the Chinese army used horns to intimidate the American GI in their human wave attacks.

Now in the Dodgers quest to consecutive World series appearances, we must get through the Atlanta Braves baseball team! The problem we are facing is the Atlanta Braves secret weapon. The Tomahawk War cry! Which I must say, "Is one of the Best in all of sports teams that I've ever heard!"

GO DODGERS, WE CAN DO IT!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-23-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Yeah, that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Yeah, that didn't work.
    It's true, we couldn't over come the Atlanta Braves in 2021! But let's not give up, "we need to try a different strategy in 2022 to defeat the Braves!" (which could be facing the Dodgers again, on the way to the title) Maybe just maybe, we could find a turncoat on the Atlanta team to come play for the Dodgers. (But it has to be one of their best players to work!)Aw I'm just dreaming, "WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT"? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's true, we couldn't over come the Atlanta Braves in 2021! But let's not give up, "we need to try a different strategy in 2022 to defeat the Braves!" (which could be facing the Dodgers again, on the way to the title) Maybe just maybe, we could find a turncoat on the Atlanta team to come play for the Dodgers. (But it has to be one of their best players to work!)Aw I'm just dreaming, "WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT"? Lol
    The Dodgers is not a team that is built to win short series.

I'll say it once, and I'll say it again, the only reason we won the Covid World Series* is because we played 60 games, and everyone was healthy at the end.

We can't hit good pitching, we leave runners on base, we don't have clutch hitting when it counts and our pitchers seem to &hit the bed in the most inopportune times. Hopefully we make it out of the NLDS.

I'll say it once, and I'll say it again, the only reason we won the Covid World Series* is because we played 60 games, and everyone was healthy at the end.

We can't hit good pitching, we leave runners on base, we don't have clutch hitting when it counts and our pitchers seem to &hit the bed in the most inopportune times. Hopefully we make it out of the NLDS.
    Baseball is a funny game. The Best team usual doesn't win the World Series! Think back to our other Local championships before the Covid series. (The 1988 Dodgers) Common, were they the Best team in Baseball that year? The did have the hottest pitcher of all times for 3 months! (Orel) The 2002 Angels, were they the best team that year? No way! (they did find their future closer in the playoff's though) Funny things can and do happen in Baseball in the playoffs!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-22-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Well the Dodgers won 10 in a row and are 34 and 6 in their last 40 games! After reading this comment and watching the movie Major League. It reminds me of the super fan who supported the team through thick and thin. But eventually he gave up on them, even after they went on a winning streak! Only time will tell how well the Dodgers do in the playoffs. But I'm still hoping for the best for them!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Well the Dodgers won 10 in a row and are 34 and 6 in their last 40 games! After reading this comment and watching the movie Major League. It reminds me of the super fan who supported the team through thick and thin. But eventually he gave up on them, even after they went on a winning streak! Only time will tell how well the Dodgers do in the playoffs. But I'm still hoping for the best for them!
    Yeah, it's too bad the World Series trophy isn't just given to the team with the best regular season record.

Buehler out for the year, Kershaw having old man back problems.

Wait till the wheels fall off of Anderson and Gonsolin in the post season and their carriage turns back into a pumpkin.

And Kenley Kimbrel being less than stellar as of late? It's not like we won't need him to close out tough games, right? :-D