Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Commifornia!! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Wake up commie.
    Chucks!

How's that IQ score coming along?

Same clown on here trying to sound intelligent with false equivalency again.... you've been saying you're a genius ever since 2019, in all the times i've seen your posts on here I still don't know what you mean.. let's see 12,xxx posts later you're still here posting nonsense.... Here's something the no shirt no shoe requirement is an individual businesses choice to enforce, it wasn't a county, state ordinance that said every business has to require their patron to wear shoes or shirts and post that requirement at the door. Businesses had a choice not to post that... businesses nowadays do not have that choice.. get it??? How many businesses do you see today with that reminder? it's not a mandate.. such a smart analogy..LOL ... and you have to have shoes on to get a slushy?? Now you need shoes to go buy a slushy at 711?? no you don't you need money, it's not Fleming's steak house. QUOTE=DarkShadow;808406]https://abc7.com/covid-vaccine-indoor-mandate/11089189/

So essentially, the "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" signs will need to be updated to, "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Vax Card, No Service."

What think the scholars of FNN?

I wonder if people were as p'd off when it became mandatory to have a shirt and shoes to enter a establishment back in the day.

I mean, it's fairly simple right? If I wanna get a slushie at 7-11, I have to have shoes on. I don't see anybody complaining about that tho.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Same clown on here trying to sound intelligent with false equivalency again.... you've been saying you're a genius ever since 2019, in all the times i've seen your posts on here I still don't know what you mean.. let's see 12,xxx posts later you're still here posting nonsense.... Here's something the no shirt no shoe requirement is an individual businesses choice to enforce, it wasn't a county, state ordinance that said every business has to require their patron to wear shoes or shirts and post that requirement at the door. Businesses had a choice not to post that... businesses nowadays do not have that choice.. get it??? How many businesses do you see today with that reminder? it's not a mandate.. such a smart analogy..LOL ... and you have to have shoes on to get a slushy?? Now you need shoes to go buy a slushy at 711?? no you don't you need money, it's not Fleming's steak house. QUOTE=DarkShadow;808406]https://abc7.com/covid-vaccine-indoor-mandate/11089189/

So essentially, the "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" signs will need to be updated to, "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Vax Card, No Service."

What think the scholars of FNN?

I wonder if people were as p'd off when it became mandatory to have a shirt and shoes to enter a establishment back in the day.

I mean, it's fairly simple right? If I wanna get a slushie at 7-11, I have to have shoes on. I don't see anybody complaining about that tho.
    [/QUOTE]

Nice to hear from you again Steelhead. I was a little afraid Covid 19 got you, because we didn't hear from you for quite awhile! (I hope you stay in good health)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-14-2021 at 03:44 PM.

you know mary mallon

if so she could give you that definitive answer

My Good Lord Xenu! Steelhead, are you EVER going to learn how to properly use the QUOTE tag?

Same clown on here trying to sound intelligent with false equivalency again...
    Stop using that phrase. It's garbage-speak. (Not to mention an oxymoron.) Often repeated by pseudo-intellects who also employ words like "paradigm", "granular", and "drill down".

To answer your question: Yes, they were just as pissed off. The motivation behind those signs was the targeting of a specific group of people. As such, they are somewhat anachronistic now - especially when you consider "societal norms" today.

Businesses had a choice not to post that... businesses nowadays do not have that choice.. get it???
    That is correct. They don't have a choice. Too bad so sad,

Don't want to get vaccinated? Fine, don't. And be prepared to live with the consequences of your own actions, like any personally responsible American would.

Incidentally, look up Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905) for the legal precedent. The 7-to-2 decision, made by a conservative SCOTUS, has never been overturned in its 116-year history.

False equivalency is a real thing. For instance, let's have a debate between "Joe the Plumber," who doesn't believe in global warming because it isn't in the bible, and a career climate scientist who does believe in global warming and has the data to back up his claims. That is often how the media operates, which is saying that Joe the Plumber's ignorance is equivalent to the climate scientist's data. Individuals often do the same thing when they claim that Democrats and Republicans are the same, and "all politicians are corrupt," etc. That kind of false equivalency is an excuse to avoid political participation or accountability.

However, when Steelhead says it, I don't know what he is referring to and it seems to come out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    False equivalency is a real thing. For instance, let's have a debate between "Joe the Plumber," who doesn't believe in global warming because it isn't in the bible, and a career climate scientist who does believe in global warming and has the data to back up his claims. That is often how the media operates, which is saying that Joe the Plumber's ignorance is equivalent to the climate scientist's data. Individuals often do the same thing when they claim that Democrats and Republicans are the same, and "all politicians are corrupt," etc. That kind of false equivalency is an excuse to avoid political participation or accountability.

However, when Steelhead says it, I don't know what he is referring to and it seems to come out of nowhere.
    So we go from a guy saying he needs to wear slippers to buy a slushy and comparing it to a vaccine mandate to now switching to another topic altogether about Joe the Plumber... and some EMT ambulance driver trying to sound intelligent by critiquing my use of false equivalency....the left nut circle jerk continues...somethings never change... Bo Jiden won and you clowns are still here complaining.... about something.... a year ago it was every single day you clowns would come in here gnashing of teeth... orange man bad and now it's something else that you're not happy about. LOL

So we go from a guy saying he needs to wear slippers to buy a slushy and comparing it to a vaccine mandate to now switching to another topic altogether about Joe the Plumber... and some EMT ambulance driver trying to sound intelligent by critiquing my use of false equivalency....the left nut circle jerk continues...somethings never change... Bo Jiden won and you clowns are still here complaining.... about something.... a year ago it was every single day you clowns would come in here gnashing of teeth... orange man bad and now it's something else that you're not happy about. LOL
    Well, that's what you get for not explaining what you mean. I didn't know what you were referring to. The slushy versus vaccine thing might be a false equivalent. I didn't agree with that comparison either. I said that false equivalency is a real thing. It is anytime you have crackpot ideas versus science, or delusional people versus people who are well grounded in reality. I happen to believe that it's your side that has the crackpot ideas (eg. QAnon, etc.) and delusional people (eg. Trump and his minions), and my side that has science and people who are well grounded in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Well, that's what you get for not explaining what you mean. I didn't know what you were referring to. The slushy versus vaccine thing might be a false equivalent. I didn't agree with that comparison either. I said that false equivalency is a real thing. It is anytime you have crackpot ideas versus science, or delusional people versus people who are well grounded in reality. I happen to believe that it's your side that has the crackpot ideas (eg. QAnon, etc.) and delusional people (eg. Trump and his minions), and my side that has science and people who are well grounded in reality.
    Egalitarianism and its cousin Solipsism are indeed real things. Isaac Asimov's essay A Cult of Ignorance takes a hard biting look at this American phenomenon, which he summarizes early on:

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
    But that's not what Steelhead is referring to. "False equivalency" is a phrase that has been bastardized and introduced into the garbage-speak lexicon. It's a favorite of incompetent managers and other people who want to project a false sense of knowledgeability and authority on a subject.

Yes, I am familiar with that quote from Asimov, and I agree with it. Anti-intellectualism is something that really irks me. One way to put it is that I am talking about that, so that we don't end up talking past each other due to differing terminology. One person's ignorance is not equivalent to another person's knowledge.

I am not familiar with what you say Steelhead is referring to, but it reminds me of a garbage-speak term like "cancel culture," which basically means "they don't like me" or "they were offended by something but they shouldn't have been."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast