Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Commifornia!! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Yes, I am familiar with that quote from Asimov, and I agree with it. Anti-intellectualism is something that really irks me. One way to put it is that I am talking about that, so that we don't end up talking past each other due to differing terminology. One person's ignorance is not equivalent to another person's knowledge.

I am not familiar with what you say Steelhead is referring to, but it reminds me of a garbage-speak term like "cancel culture," which basically means "they don't like me" or "they were offended by something but they shouldn't have been."
    I think we're on the same page, Lefty.

And yes, you nailed it with "cancel culture" - it's a lazy and purposely disingenuous phrase, used by lazy people with lazy minds, which has been distorted far beyond its original definition.
    Last edited by Panshot; 12-15-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    and some EMT ambulance driver trying to sound intelligent by critiquing my use of false equivalency
    Ambulance EMT? Nice guess, but wrong.

And if critiquing is something you are averse to, perhaps you shouldn't use phrases you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    the left nut circle jerk continues
    When did you lose your right nut?

I have been seeing that nut Mike Lindell in ads recently, combining whining about "cancel culture" with selling his now heavily discounted merchandise, presumably because his business has declined since people have discovered what a nut he is. He is making himself out to be a victim, when in fact, he dug the hole that he is in on his own.

so many tangents to spin to

was it jimmy the greek that said

good people do not need law to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

and finally does anyone have one of mad mikes products give us a critique just wondering

but always remember

if you're not part of the solution you must be part of the majority

Capoisok, I wouldn't dare buy one of mad mike's products, but I have heard that they are overpriced and overrated.

Bahahaha
    This clown didn't keel over and die from his 5 waxxinations yet

Not all restaurants require shoes and shirt for service. Specially not on the shores of hawaii. Hell, some even let your dog in and dine with you at the table.

Who says I have to patronize restaurants who require clothes. Why don't i go to a nudist restaurant.

He just mad he got conned into drinking the coolaid and can't see above the wheel. Let alone outside the box.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 01-08-2023 at 03:43 PM.

PS
    "I support the current thing!"
    lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123