Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: some more kentucky bait and wait.

Default some more kentucky bait and wait.

bait and wait is too good here. unless im by the asian carp. so i just been hiking some most of the time i can get away from them. even if im not getting lots of bluegills and yellow bass then there is channel cats to catch.

You ok with the tornadoes out there?

dude it was crazy. like a week before that one wiped out mayfield when i was at work. i work for pella doors and windows a factory in murray ky from 8pm to 630am. we had a tornado warning and we all took shelter at like 3 am or something like that in the womens bathroom that i think is mostly block and concrete though im not sure how up to par the building codes out here are compared to say california. ive seen block walls here with no rebar and they didnt even fill the voids with concrete so they are broken in half easily... on homes that have been built for only around 20 years. then the tornado that took out mayfield that area is only about 15 miles to the west of where im at. luckily it didnt come where i live. but more west and north and went up to benton which is like 15 miles north of me or so. and the sad part no one out here really has shelters. i might have to invest in one though. but thanks for asking. i donated a little cash at my work and they doubled whatever i put. thanks for asking though. but ya i didnt know i was really moving to a tornado area. i live near ken lake state park area. its crazy im rural now. but the small towns are about 15 -20 miles in each direction and can get to bigger cities in a couple hours. but where im at near the lake there is a lake arm north of where i live and it wraps around to the west of where i live and the main lake is east of me. in a way im kind of surrounded by water though there is miles of land between. though im only about 5 minute drive from the main lake if i go to the bridge going over the arm its like 10 minutes or so.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 01-02-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Brother glad you ok was kinda worried that you have not been on here for a while. I do like your post sad all the damage it did there stay safe.

its just been cold and moving from cali i didnt really have the winter clothes to be out fishing lately. and adjusting to this new job. but now i got my debts paid off so i splurged on some winter clothes and should be out fishing soon. though its cold and warm every other day. so i have still been going but the water is cold. and not many bites though i did get a catfish a couple days ago. cant wait for spring. though not sure how high the water rises here and if it gets flooded near the shoreline so not sure how it is from the banks here year round yet. i also still have some fall fishing from here i havent posted just mostly the same stuff i was getting when i first got here. just lazy to edit it and post it. oh and i guess murray is more southwest of me and benton is more northwest of me. ya the tornado was crazy. the thunderstrom that came with it. i recorded and got the crazy alarm that sounds like its a damn air raid coming. but it was dark out so you just hear that part, and then i recorded more of the thunderstorm and you see flashes of lightning way up in the sky and the rolling thunder that it caused was nuts. the thunder shakes the house for a second like its a earthquake but its just fast so not like a earthquake but ya i never knew thunder could shake a house like that. this place gets a ton of rain though but just a little snow, it does get cold here like in the 30s and even lower sometimes. but it seems to not rain when its that cold. and then like today it was cold enough to snow and it snowed for like 30 minutes only. i guess this area wasnt part of tornado alley but now they are saying it is. and luckily even though we got a tornado its crazy here also the way the air moves through here is crazy fast. im not sure if its always like that but if you watch the clouds they just book it through ehre most the time and the storms are in and out. i even think the tornado was going fast so some people were able to just get thrown like 60 yards and survive. and the tornado was arleady too far away. but yes very crazy. even one day when i was fishing i was watching some clouds and to me it looked like it was doing swirly pattern kind of i was like oh hell no. its different from cali thats for sure. thanks again bro.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 01-02-2022 at 05:47 PM.