Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Dartspin Lures on UL Okuma Epixor Rod & Reel!

Default Dartspin Lures on UL Okuma Epixor Rod & Reel!

Hyperlastic Lures on a 1pc 7' Rod w/an EpixorXT 30 Spinner Spooled w/4lb Monofilament!

After a few days of cold weather & rain there was sun this cold morning. So i went across island to field test some of the Hyperlastic lures by Patrick Sebile's "A Band of Anglers", namely the Dartspin Pros. I decided to use my new Okuma 1pc rod the 7ft Epixor Inshore w/a Epixor XT 30 with 4lb monofilament. My first 1-piece rod in awhile. I like 1-piece rods since my earlier years of using customized 1pc Saber Rods for GT's from Fuji's Fishing Supply. To bring in a 1-pc rod in the mail can be expensive!

I casted "dunked" live crab & frozen ika on another rig while i spin casted "whipping" the Dartspin Pro Lures. I like the "fullness" of using a 1-piece rod. After 2hrs i got a nice strike that lasted 5sec before the fish cut the line. Past history in this spot tells me it was most likely a barracuda. I used a Okuma Epixor XT 30 Spinning Reel filled with 4lb monofilament line.

The water was murky due to the runoffs from the bad weather. And cold. When the water gets cold most fish tend to find deeper water that's warmer. When your casted bait comes back stiff & cold it's a bad sign. I did get a strike. Turned out to be a huge Porcupine Puffer Fish.

I stayed there for 8hrs before bucking the Friday traffic back home. I really liked the reaction of the Dartspin Pros. I plan on getting more in different colors. The 1-piece Epixor Rod was very resilient. Even on my short 5sec strike the rod handled to strain evenly, meaning the rod took the strain of the strike, not my arms.

So far i'm liking the Band of Angler line. Also the Okuma 1pc Epixor Spinning Rod. The Epixor XT 30 Reel needs to handle a decent fish as well. More time is needed to see how this rig handles a decent strike. Tonight it's raining, again so i might have to sit in for the weekend.

https://youtu.be/PQJCFXrP9L0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dartspin.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	53423